Where in the World Whitney and Christina are

by whitney & christina on August 5, 2013

Dearest winos,

We know we’ve been MIA for the past several months, so sorry about that. A lot has happened in that time! Whitney has launched a new wine accessories business, Bottle Stock. Christina has taken over the wine section at Western Australia’s main consumer magazine, Scoop.

Whitney and her talented LA peeps at her Bottle Stock pop up

Christina hosting Scoop Magazine’s quarterly tasting (this is her “I’m very interested in what you have to say Mr Judge” face)

We found ourselves without enough hours in the day to even make a decent martini (gasp!) let alone research/prep/record/edit/market a podcast. But, we haven’t closed the doors on The Crush completely. We adore making it, so we’ve decided to do the occasional “Crush Special”. We can’t really tell you when or how frequently–it’ll really just be when the two us can find the time to bring something awesome to you. Hopefully, when we do, it’ll be a nice surprise!

Thanks for the love. We appreciate it ever so much. When we started on this podcasting journey, we thought no one but our moms would want to listen to it. We’re still amazed that it’s not just us talking to ourselves. So thanks for that. We are lucky ladies indeed.

We hope you’re all drinking well…and drinking often.

Love, Whitney and Christina

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Julie {Bananas for Bourbon} August 5, 2013 at 3:11 am

Thanks for the update, ladies! I hope you two are still keeping in touch, even if you’re not podcasting. Sounds like you’re both doing great things! It’s the best reason not to do a podcast. I’ll be ready to listen whenever you’re able. :)

whitney & christina August 5, 2013 at 3:34 am

Thanks Julie, we have so appreciated all your support along the way! Really it’s what keeps us going. And we are indeed still keeping in touch, although not as often as we’d both like. Real life eh…

Amanda August 5, 2013 at 11:38 am

It sounds like such amazing opportunities and experiences have come both your ways! Enjoy the new adventures and I’m looking forward to listening whenever a special pops up 😀

Beth August 5, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Congratulations on both your new paths! I’m very happy to get an update on what has been happening, and I look forward to the new gems when you two can spare precious time. I’ve been a listener since the first podcast and it helped me through some tough times, it was like having friends to listen to when I had no one around me. Thanks and many blessings!

Christina's mom August 5, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Hey you two, I WAS listening (and I bet Whitney’s mom was, too!). I loved and miss The Crush, but I am so excited to follow the two of you on your new adventures!! Wishing you much success and satisfaction! And, as a matter of fact, I AM drinking VERY good wine, thanks to all of your good advice! :)

whitney & christina August 6, 2013 at 3:18 am

Thanks Amanda and Beth for the very kind words. And thanks Mom, you are indeed drinking nice wine now..and I’m very proud of you! :-) –Christina

Sarah Christine August 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Bummer! Missing the regular podcast, but congrats on your new endeavors!

Aeshna August 22, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Congratulations to both of you on the exciting new paths you’re walking!
Miss the podcasts – please try and do one a month at least?

Britt September 17, 2013 at 4:48 am

Congrats to both of you on the great opportunities. Will be eagerly awaiting when the two of you have time for a podcast.

whitney & christina September 18, 2013 at 2:49 am

Thanks Britt. We were just talking about recording another one shortly, so you shouldn’t have to wait too long!

Beth September 26, 2013 at 11:09 pm

That is awesome news! I’ve listened to the old ones a couple times over by now so some fresh press would be wonderful!